What is Moor?
What is Moor?
Moor is a substance, many thousands of years in the making, which has the potential to revitalize, purify and rebalance the system. Moor is a synthesis of herbs, plants and flowers, with a myriad of organic substances, minerals & phyto-nutrients.
Deep Moor: The Finest and Rarest
Tiefenmoor, or Deep Moor, is the finest and rarest form of Moor, containing nutrient-rich peat which has been created by the gradual transformation of herbs, plants & flowers which have been permanently submerged under water or underground. Free from the decaying effects of oxygen and in the correct climatic and biological conditions, the plant matter undergoes a 'ripening' process over thousands of years into a rich, black substance.
During this process all of the organic and inorganic substances within the plants are assimilated into the Moor resulting in a herbal complex with wonderful therapeutic properties. Moor has been a part of traditional medical folklore throughout many parts of Central Europe for centuries. During the past 60 years, a wealth of clinical studies conducted on Moor therapy has confirmed that Moor indeed does possess a wide range of beneficial properties. As a result, hundreds of European physicians now use and recommend Moor treatments.
Moor is easily absorbed internally or through the skin; it is highly anti-inflammatory, has a balancing influence on the hormones, and it stimulates circulation to the area in which it is applied. Kirlian photographs reveal that it contains a subtle life energy.
When the Moor is applied to the skin, it creates a holistic effect throughout the whole system. Substances of the Moor cling to the skin or penetrate partially between the epidermis cells of the skin. A binding process with albumin in the skin takes place, producing an exchange reaction of ions. Harmful positive ions in the skin tissues are exchanged for the rejuvenating negative ions in the Moor. The particles are then captured by the blood vessels into the system to carry out their precious healing work.
- The Moor's cosmetic benefits also stem from an abundance of essential oils, fatty acids and lipoids which occur naturally and are not artificially introduced, as in most cosmetics. These penetrate easily into the skin and subcutaneous tissues, re-establishing the skin’s natural pH balance and increasing the flow of blood to the skin.
- At the same time, the skin is detoxified, purified, toned and revitalized by soluble organic and inorganic active ingredients.
- The Moor is naturally hypoallergenic and will also harmonize with and benefit any skin type, eliminating the need for many different types of creams.
- The active herbal ingredients in the Moor have been found to be helpful in soothing the skin.
- Cellulite is an inflammation of the subcutaneous tissues caused by a build up of toxins, poor blood circulation and fluid retention due to poor lymphatic flow. The Moor directly influences both the inflammation and its causes, and is therefore an excellent treatment for cellulite and an aid to weight loss.
In order to create radiant healthy skin, it is necessary not just to have a top class skin care product but also to have a good diet and prevent the flow of harmful toxins to the skin. Taking the Moor internally helps to detoxify the whole system, and is therefore considered to be a vital part of the ELIXEA Therapies.
"This moor is very special for its ability to create long-lasting ‘deep warmth’ inside the body and eliminate toxic substances from the tissues." -- Prof. Robert Gieler, Vienna, Austria
Uses of Moor
- As a facial mask to stimulate blood flow, nourishing and purifying the skin tissue
- As a body mask in body wrap treatments, to detoxify and reduce cellulite
- As a herbal infusion drink to detoxify the system from within
- In the bath as part of a home detox
Moor is a key ingredient in most of the Elixea products. Here is one of Nature's most potent therapeutic essences, which balances, detoxifies, stimulates blood flow, and has a soothing effect wherever it is applied.